VMware Cloud Director™ 10.1 is now Available, with a few core updates in this release.
So, what’s new?
- App Launchpad
- Container Service Extension (CSE) 2.6
- Object Storage Extension (OSE) 1.5
- Terraform VMware Cloud Director Provider 2.7
- Tenant App 2.4
- NSX-T Migration Tool
- NSX-T Enhancements
- Encryption as a service
- NSX-T migration tool script is part of Cloud Director, as NSX-T features are getting parity with NSX-V
- Network downtime is minimized using bridged networks during migration.
- vSphere Encryption from VMware Cloud Director. Encryption requires certificate keys that require a key management server (KMS) and Cloud Providers can choose from partners such as Fortanix or Dell Cloudlink.
- New monitoring and metering capability with closer integration with NSX data collection, more network metrics and sizing profile-based metering.
- K8 Kubernetes Clusters or PKS Kubernetes Clusters for VMware Cloud Director.
- App Launchpad is a free component for VMware Cloud Director